Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Gaxe
Jansports
bloodpixel
EasilyDelighted
TehInfamousAmos
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
WorkInProgressSi
tofucactaur
Tolvo
Anonymous Proxy
Reaperfan
Wisp
Glutebrah
nemesismonkey
BishopHavel
Emergence
twilightwarwolf
Rin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
25 posters

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 3 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Tolvo wrote:Assassin's. Turning invisible, being able to disguise as objects, capability of hiding your weapons. What do you think?

Agreed those spells are useful for assassins sure BUT there is no indication given that the Lord's Blades use these spells.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 3 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:18 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Illusionists, that is what oolacile sorcerers are, think of Baldur's gate, the abilities illusionists got were insane. **** - peaceful... You can still likely create portals etc.

Lol my favourite character from Baldurs Gate was an Illusionist!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 pm

If they're assassins, people wouldn't know they are assassins. So they would think, "Normal citizens, sure let's train them in our peaceful arts."
    EasilyDelighted
    EasilyDelighted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by EasilyDelighted Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 pm

I admit it would be fun to see a Ciaran build with either the ring of fog, hidden body, and chameleon. Lot of trolling to be done.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Tolvo wrote:If they're assassins, people wouldn't know they are assassins. So they would think, "Normal citizens, sure let's train them in our peaceful arts."

Dude that pure speculation. . Its not like thier training methods would be commmon knowledge.

Additionaly in Game she doesnt make use of these spells or abilities. Why wouldn't she if she could?

Last edited by ViralEnsign_ on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 pm

EasilyDelighted wrote:I admit it would be fun to see a Ciaran build with either the ring of fog, hidden body, and chameleon. Lot of trolling to be done.

Thats my planned build
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:31 pm

The idea is everyone in Oolacile is capable of casting their magic, or at least near to it. In Oolacile, with tracer weapons that exude some sort of magic efect, an assassin which is typically someone you wish to keep hidden, is in a land of people who are known for commonly practicing and teaching arts that are super effective for an assassin to use. If she didn't learn these arts, frankly I seriously question her abilities as an assassin.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:36 pm

I see what you mean but I'm still not sure I wholly believe that.

I think Ciaran is just in Oolacile at that time and not necessarily from there or having been trained there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:37 pm

If an assassin is in the land and doesn't know their combat techniques, or useful abilities, they are a pretty poor assassin.
    EasilyDelighted
    EasilyDelighted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by EasilyDelighted Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:40 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    EasilyDelighted wrote:I admit it would be fun to see a Ciaran build with either the ring of fog, hidden body, and chameleon. Lot of trolling to be done.

Thats my planned build

You should totally record some trolling.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm

In fact, not to be rude. Ciaran is a boys name, so in fact this she could be a he. Perhaps like Gwyndolin ciaran is strong in the power of the darkmoon. So possibly is a transexual, the point with this is that it easily could fit also with the theory of making use of the oolacile magic. Haha - Gwyndolin also has a female voice so before you mention voice in the mix it could easily be a male.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 pm

EasilyDelighted wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:

Thats my planned build

You should totally record some trolling.

I will be recording my gameplay.... simply because I want to not because I expect anyone to care/... and I'm not the kind of player who would go around trolling people..... unless thay glitch
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:In fact, not to be rude. Ciaran is a boys name, so in fact this she could be a he. Perhaps like Gwyndolin ciaran is strong in the power of the darkmoon. So possibly is a transexual, the point with this is that it easily could fit also with the theory of making use of the oolacile magic. Haha - Gwyndolin also has a female voice so before you mention voice in the mix it could easily be a male.

That could be the case. I never even considered that.

But

in the Lord's Blade Armour the description clearly describes them as deadly women.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Ciaran does have a special character model. This model appears minorly more masculine to me than feminine. Also a good assassin and liar can convince people that they are of either gender, think of subterfuge. Also the oolacile illusion magic, I am sure that could have been made use of to get her/him into the lords blades. Wait - she specifically is the leader so surely her true identity isn't actually revealed to even her kin. That means that it may be a group of female assassins she/he leads. It is stated in the description that the lords blades are deadly women. But wait a minute, her armor has a special mask, this porcelain mask is different to the hood which the rest of the blades wear, why would she wear a mask instead of the hood - it allows for the whole of her face to be covered and not at risk of exposure?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:53 pm

hmmmmm

AMOS IF YOU PROVE SHE IS A MAN I'LL EAT YOUR SOUL!
    EasilyDelighted
    EasilyDelighted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by EasilyDelighted Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Putting asides her abilities, I wonder why was she in Oolacile. I mean asides from following Artorias, what need did she have to be in Oolacile at the time of the nation's demise.

Edit: Amos you're destroying this guy's world! XD

Last edited by EasilyDelighted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 pm

True, there was a very famous french spy back in the day that was a man disguised as a woman. It also allows you to have even more firm of a secret identity, if people believe the assassin is female and in actuality they are male. Think reverse Shiek from Legend of Zelda.
    EasilyDelighted
    EasilyDelighted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by EasilyDelighted Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Tolvo wrote:True, there was a very famous french spy back in the day that was a man disguised as a woman. It also allows you to have even more firm of a secret identity, if people believe the assassin is female and in actuality they are male. Think reverse Shiek from Legend of Zelda.

Good point.
    Now all of the sudden the idea of Ciaran being a man seems completely plausible. Look Skyward
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Everyone claims that the two are lovers but if Ciaran is male they could in fact just be close comrades, think about it - friends and comrades respect each other and would want their fellow warriors soul to be layed to rest. It couldn't be layed to rest if you imbued the soul into metal to make a weapon. Heck, it could have been a spartan style relationship. That may be the fact if they were lovers. But it in my opinion is apparent that they were just comrades rather than Lovers.

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:07 pm

I have trouble believing Ciarnan is Artorias's lover. I don't think she could handle his errr...sword.
    EasilyDelighted
    EasilyDelighted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by EasilyDelighted Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Only Sif can handle that -sword-
    ;D
    Try not to let your imagination wander too much, lol.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Everyone claims that the two are lovers but if Ciaran is male they could in fact just be close comrades, think about it - friends and comrades respect each other and would want their fellow warriors soul to be layed to rest. It couldn't be layed to rest if you imbued the soul into metal to make a weapon. Heck, it could have been a spartan style relationship. That may be the fact if they were lovers. But it in my opinion is apparent that they were just comrades rather than Lovers.

Yeah I like the comerade theory better than the lover theory
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 pm

So, have I convinced you that Ciaran is a male comrade of artorias?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:41 pm

No I stick by the item description. But I always thought of them as comerades with Ciaran have a bit of an obsession.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:22 pm

I just like to think of them as close comrades. I mean, god knows how long they've been together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 am