Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dex character, compairison of options please?

nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dex character, compairison of options please? Empty Dex character, compairison of options please?

Post by nhbdy Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm currently building a lvl 120 dex based pvp character, my current setup is about lvl 40 (rather new character) and is set up with 14 str for iato and the rest in dex, so he's god all of his options open. What I'd ask of anyone who would answer is to give me their opinion of the available options I have interest in pursuing, so that I may make a better decision with that knowledge. The following options are the ones I'm interested in:

Murakumo: 28 str, 5 attunement slots and pyromancies with a sword that is by all accounts a powerhouse

Dex/Faith: little sketchy on the numbers here, but from what I understand the standards are 30/30 or 40/30 or 30/50? If I went this I'd prefer a 40/30 split (DEX being at 40) because I'd dislike relying on a buff too strongly

Dex/Int: Not entirely sure about this one at all, I've only seen it mentioned and I do enjoy INT spellcasting, but I am not sure how this would work with a build like this, any explanation on this one would be appreciated.
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dex character, compairison of options please? Empty Re: Dex character, compairison of options please?

Post by LOLRagezzz Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Im working on Dex/fth/int build but I go higher than 120 :/
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dex character, compairison of options please? Empty Re: Dex character, compairison of options please?

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Just go w/ a straight dex build and complement it w/ pyro. W/ the high dex your spells will be considerably faster w/out needing to invest in more SL. Max out End, Vit, and Dex and buff w/ either fire or lightning on a +15 dex weapon.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:55 pm

You could also mainline dex but put a small investment into int and rock a Dex/Oolacile/pyro build. The oolacile builds apply great magic weapon with an oolacile catalyst for roughly a 200 point magic buff. This beats gold pine resin by about 50 and fire resin by about 120. It also doesn't require pine resin farming. It only costs 5 SL (assuming you start as a pyro), and it also gives the flexibility to cast great soul arrow (PVE) and to use chameleon, light (PVE ToG), the magic shields, and fall control.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am