Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Rifter7
Veradox
T-King-667
Anonymous Proxy
StockpileThomas
Xardas
L!ve
DxV04
XuitusTheGreat
Myztyrio
fujiphoenix
RANT
DancingFood
SnailsAndSlugs
Kiva the wanderer
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
his1n-
Zaventem
ViralEnsign_
Luceid
Buggy Virus
Montante
ublug
OrnsteinBro
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
JoeBroski09
Seignar
nemesismonkey
dancash1808
Jansports
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
dualcross
Fotitudo
callipygias
Pesth
Spurgun
Ser Isaac
dannyhugz
BackwardsBaboon
Wade_Wilson
befowler
Juutas
Revoltage
51 posters

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 9 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:12 am

I can barely find anyone to play with or against in arena or in any area of the game, I am disappointed, and I need someone who like to test it with me.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 9 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Revoltage Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 am

Dannyhugz has been helping me out with answering some of these questions, maybe you can pm him about it? But I'm sure there are a lot of other people here who will be happy to help too. I wish I could do it but I don't have DkS for pc yet.

EDIT: Also I've been hearing that the swingspeed of katanas has been increased. That might be something worth looking into as well.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 am

NOOOOO I want to rock 0 poise DGA!!!!
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:53 am

Indeed they nerfed dragon roar so it has no value, you can say you heard it here first, dragons are gonna be gone. No armor is too great a disadvantage for 3 terrible abilities (roar, only on small shields, claws, get you killed, and breath, also gets you killed).

BTW, Greatshield of Artorias doesn't deflect katana's, Chaos and Washing (I think, or Uchi) and doesn't protect you from poison or bleed from other players STILL! ARGH!

And I think Resistance has been fixed, it now gives me +1 to all defenses at 99 SL, which since you stop getting those points around 80, I think it works, if someone would check on the normal version. It gave me +1 in most stats, and then again gave me +2 (in total) for all, something like that.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:01 am

They buffed katanas?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 am

No they didn't buff (or fix) deflection in shields in PvP, that shield should give Katana's and the BSS pause, but it has no benefit.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:21 am

Damn it y no hyper armor for my beloved greataxes!!!!???
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 am

I didnt know you liked Great Axe's Wyrm!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:28 am

I love all the Str weapons and the DGA is my favorite.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:30 am

ICEFANG wrote:Indeed they nerfed dragon roar so it has no value, you can say you heard it here first, dragons are gonna be gone. No armor is too great a disadvantage for 3 terrible abilities (roar, only on small shields, claws, get you killed, and breath, also gets you killed).

I effing hate FROM right now. the dragons weren't OP. They didn't need to nerf us. But they did, so no the only benefit of being a dragon is gone.
    They could at least have buffed some of the other benefits of a dragon. This is like nerfing the plank shield, giving it a bash instead of a parry - Pretty much no one uses it. And those who do use it do it only for RP reasons. So they remove the only thing about it that's usable.
    Being a dragon right now only means that you're an idiot.
    Spoiler:
    To you from.

And the worst part is that i will still be using dragon form sad
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 am

I would really like someone to confirm that resistance has some use.
    Also it seems very likely at this point that the hyper armor is just a rumor blown out of hand because only Abyss sword 2H R2 seems to have hyper armor.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:26 am

why would you nerf dragonoids? they were if anything underpowered they could have used a buff to their breath to make it more viable.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

Dragons, underpowered? lol

Sorry, but did you guys really think the dragons were underpowered? I personally hated everytime i would see a dragon with a spear or great scythe or something. I assume the roar still gives you a dmg boost, so i don't see why they will be useless.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 am

Advantages of being a dragon:

You get breath, which can work on people who fat roll

You get claws, which work on people who don't have weapons or armor, because its moveset is terrible.

You get roar, which really, honestly, truly does nothing now. I mean sure if I run across a small shield user, they're toast. Having armor/poise to help you break a turtle is really really helpful, dragon's roar is what dragon's used. Trust me, its like being naked, with no advantages, try being naked, its tough! The power increase only lasts for somewhere around 6 seconds, sure, its free (after literally costing half your stamina bar), and you can just run right in (with no poise or defense) and go to town. Against another player, usually the hit lands right after the power boost is gone.

Technically, its an advantage over being naked, but even with my current build, there's no reason to use a Greashield over a medim shield if they didn't fix it, that gives me (Greatshield of Artorias->Sliver Knights) 11 EL! I can use that to get at least 20-30 poise, that's a much better advantage to being a dragon.

I can really only recommend that people play dragon if they are going to die in one hit anyway. Because at that point, armor is worthless anyway.

YES I know I'm biased, but seriously, can someone justify that the advantages of being a dragon were higher than wearing armor? Is that why everyone plays dragon? Is that why giant's armor was so popular? Is that why, only after the BB glitch you'd see them? It takes a lot of time to get them (I farmed for 3 hours and I'm a true, perhaps was, dragonbro, I want all 100 scales, after those 3, I got 22, so I'm looking at around 14 hours? Holy turds, and drakes are dangerous enemies, not like rats, or harpies (in comparison to drakes)).

Yes I am biased, absolutely, but playing naked is tough, seriously, give it a go, then go kill 3 hours of hardcore farming of drakes, and then come back and tell me that the advantages are worth it over armor.

I may stop playing dragonoid, that is if they fixed the Greatsword of Artorias, I'd love to do a real Artorias, and not an abyss one.

ARGH I'm SO irritated PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 9 2596258901 PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 9 2324285107
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm not just irritated. I'm *** mad.
    I agree with everything you said. There was ONE, ONE!, real benefit from being a dragon. And they removed it.

I'll probably stop being a dragon now. Thanks a lot FROM.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Dragons, underpowered? lol

Sorry, but did you guys really think the dragons were underpowered? I personally hated everytime i would see a dragon with a spear or great scythe or something. I assume the roar still gives you a dmg boost, so i don't see why they will be useless.

Try being a dragon for a while. You get stunlocked by everything. You have no defense, so spears do ~100-200 more damage (not to mention all the other weapons). The roar costs you half your stamina (if you use fap ring and have 40 end), so you can't attack a lot after it. Bleed weapons are incredibly hard to fight against.
    Dragons were not overpowerd. They weren't anywhere near that. What you were fighting was skilled players. That's why i won a lot as well, i was fairly skilled.

I might as well change to a flipping mask tank now.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Bleed and Poison are both really hard to fight against, at least if Resistance works now, there is some small defense to it, but with no armor, at 12 RES you get poisoned by almost any attack. That's one reason I was so bummed with the Greatshield of Artorias not being fixed. Keep your deflection, I just want the shield working right. I used to carry a Bloodshield, because fighting someone who can poison you with any poison weapon, or any poison buffed weapon, with 1 or 2 hits through your shield was a huge problem. While its true, you can (and that's the best way) roll through the bleed, ironically I always have trouble when I try to do it, but do it all the time effortlessly when I ignore the bleed bar.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Join me guys and start playing naked.
    Reveal that beautiful vanilla skin of yours and accept the holy light that is nakedness in your heart and into your soul!
    PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 9 1447589260
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

ICEFANG wrote:I can barely find anyone to play with or against in arena or in any area of the game,
    Me too. Can't get summoned at all on PC anymore, in any area, and I can't even get invaded. I played human after work for about 4 hours last night and didn't get invaded once.
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:05 pm

A lot has been added to the master list!

...but still no mention of the fixed Pendant item description? :x. Come on guys! That was like the first thing I checked.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

SnailsAndSlugs wrote:A lot has been added to the master list!

...but still no mention of the fixed Pendant item description? :x. Come on guys! That was like the first thing I checked.

Find out what pendant does and you'll have the full attention of everyone big grin
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 pm

What exactly was nerfed about the dragons roar? It doesn't knock back if the player is blocking with a medium or great shield? If so thats not THAT bad, i will admit it does make the dragons a lot weaker. A lot of people 2h their weapons, so you can still stagger those people i assume. You just have to time it better, cause i assume if they are swinging their weapon you can stagger them with it. Or if their shield is down, while they regain stamina.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:17 pm

When a player can hit you, they will probably hit you when the roar happens and you will stagger worse than they will. You can't roar at a swing, roaring isn't for aggressive players, its for defensive players. You can parry, roll, attack, before most weapons can get in range and attack you after the roar, so if you both hit each other, if you don't roll away, they will kill you. Its easier to hit fast rollers, but not enough to make it worth it. Like I said, players that wear armor, or cloth, have an edge to help with turtles, roar is what dragons would use, but we can't, ever, trade hits, even with the Wolf Ring, its suicide.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Anyone know if toggle escape was patched? How come the roar patch isn't added to the list? Was it just discovered? I'm still confused about the details of what exactly changed.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm

I just found it, and I may have been the first, since its hard to be a +2 dragonbro now.

When a dragon roars into a player, that player gets staggered as if hit by a weapon. A player (as it was) can, roll through it, or block it with Greatshields or heavy medium shields, shields that weigh more than 5 or something (Roar doesn't work on Sliver Knight, Black Knight, Sunlight, and that's all I can remember). Since using a Greatshield is hard on a build, there was a complete disadvantage to doing so, meaning that most shield users could be staggered back (for perfect explanation, if you 2 hand a shield, regardless of type, if doesn't break, but instead takes a good chunk of stamina). Now, Roar will not break any shield that is even somewhat common, and while it will take some stamina to block, a lot even, it doesn't stagger you as long as it takes to roar, and probably doesn't take as much stamina as it takes to roar. Forgetting Spear and Rapiers, even so, you will die, if you don't do it perfectly.

Is my explanation good? Or can I render further assistance?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm