I'm fed up

SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm fed up

Post by SlakeMoth on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:49 am

Does anyone else sometimes feel like this? I've been playing DS since day one and every now and again I've lost interest, mainly because I've done something daft like losing a slab when fighting the Asylum Demon because I died at the exact same time as it did. That time I went off and played Skyrim for a couple of weeks. But you know how it is, I just couldn't stay away and back I came like I was a dog on a leash.

Well it's happened again. My two main characters have hit 'choke' points. One in ng+ with the 4 Kings and the other in the kiln, so I've been playing El Shaddai and Darksiders for a bit of light relief. I know I should return because I would really like to get Platinum but I think that maybe this time I might be leaving for good.
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: I'm fed up

Post by X-government-agent on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 am

All good things must come to an end, just go for a long sleep until dlc comes out
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21 am

I'm extremely upset with Dark Souls right now haha. I have a SL 1 character on NG+ and I was in the bottom of blighttown, I had to do something and turned my game off. I restarted and for some weird reason, they placed me at the top of blighttown with the door closed to the depths. I'm like...REALLY?!
    befowler

Post by befowler on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:41 am

Balance is good, I try to mix in other games like Dragon's Dogma, and recently some Fallout:NV dlcs I never got around to playing. Mostly it just reminds me how much better DkS is, plus coop always keeps things fresh for me.

You've probably already been trying with summons, but I'm sure there are many players here who would happily coop with you to beat NG+ etc bosses. What are your char sls?

Casual
    Casual

Post by Frostacar on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am

I sold my copy of Dark Souls about a month ago not really cause I was getting tired of it but so I can enjoy other games and the start more fresh when the DLC comes out. But I hear what you mean I played A LOT of Dark Souls to the point of being angry with it and not wanting to touch it, I only kept playing cause it was so much fun and most other games I can't even play for 5 minutes without turning it off, Except Street Fighter 4 that's my new obsession e_e....
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Slake is good to take some breaks from DkS. I do it all the time when I feel like to.
    When I do it I play completaly different games or silly games like Lollipop Chainsaw (Yes I really enjoy a game where I don't have to use my brain and laugh with stupid jokes) or any overrated FPS.
    The most important is that you must have fun no matter what you play.

Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Only Fire Emblem and LPs help me to stay away from Dark Souls. Once I go over Anor Londo, the desire to play just fades away

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:04 pm

It's really nice when people respond to your post so thank you to those who did so, it's good to know I'm not the only one who has moments of self doubt.

@Befowler: I don't summon much because, like Greta Garbo, 'I want to be alone'. Well, not really, it's just that when you summon help these days you get a lot of uninvited guests too.

Anyway, I found myself thinking up new strategies while I was cleaning the bath this morning, so this damn game still has me by the short and curlies.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Everybody needs a break from time to time, a couple of months ago I was PVPing in the Kiln and it was just Chock Full of Gankers, I just got sick of it.

So I went to BestBuy and bought Assassins Creed Revelations for about $10 and played that for a few weeks, a much needed break, and when I came back, I felt a lot better.

PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:07 pm

You gotta take a break from time to time, you can't play the same game forever. I recently got uncharted 3 which is freaking amazing btw and I beat it in hard mode(easy mode after playing mmonster hunter) which was a very welcomed break from dark souls which I havent played in weeks due to bejgn busy and being bored of it.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah, this happens to me quite often. Frankly I'm thinking about just in general taking a break from all gaming and maybe using the internet even.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:35 pm

@tolvo I didn't have a phone for about 3 months and I gotta say it was pretty awesome that people could never reach me so I had a lot of time for myself which was pretty fun.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I definitely need some sort of hiding spot, some way to leave this and exit a legend before the descent from the dark whispering words of false friends cause a great pandemic.
    shagtheturtle
    Regular
    Regular

Post by shagtheturtle on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Uncharted was great. Play the 2nd one if you haven't yet, in my opinion it is so much better than 3 was.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:37 pm

RantFromRant wrote:@tolvo I didn't have a phone for about 3 months and I gotta say it was pretty awesome that people could never reach me so I had a lot of time for myself which was pretty fun.

I've done this before and I have to agree, it was amazing.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Hey, I didn't mean to make people depressed. I've decided to take a holiday back home on Mars.
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:20 pm

lol I still have a flip push to talk phone

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore

oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Everyone goes through periods of "gamer rage" where they want to quit playing a game. I should know, I stuck with Metal Gear Online for about 3 1/2 years, and there were MANY times that game infuriated me to the point of wanting to quit. But, most of the time, I found myself coming back to it, sometimes taking "cool off" breaks to let the bitterness subside.

If its giving you trouble, take a break. On my first playthrough, I was having all sorts of trouble clearing Anor Londo, then I was on vacation for about 2 weeks, came back tried again and started doing better...sometimes when you get so desperate to get past a certain area you get impatient and make more mistakes, so sometimes taking a little break can be beneficial.
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:18 am

oregonav8r wrote:Everyone goes through periods of "gamer rage" where they want to quit playing a game. I should know, I stuck with Metal Gear Online for about 3 1/2 years, and there were MANY times that game infuriated me to the point of wanting to quit. But, most of the time, I found myself coming back to it, sometimes taking "cool off" breaks to let the bitterness subside.

If its giving you trouble, take a break. On my first playthrough, I was having all sorts of trouble clearing Anor Londo, then I was on vacation for about 2 weeks, came back tried again and started doing better...sometimes when you get so desperate to get past a certain area you get impatient and make more mistakes, so sometimes taking a little break can be beneficial.

ahh the good ol' days of MGO, I remember the lagstabing lagswitchers, the capture the frog/duck games, and the people who would croutch and switch between weapons real fast to appear like they were jerking off, fun times, fun times indeed...

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore

oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:26 am

PaPaSmVrf wrote:ahh the good ol' days of MGO, I remember the lagstabing lagswitchers, the capture the frog/duck games, and the people who would croutch and switch between weapons real fast to appear like they were jerking off, fun times, fun times indeed...

Hahaha nice to see someone else who even knows what MGO stands for. Sad to say, its final months were plagued with all sorts of problems...glitchers stopped getting banned (the support staff literally abandoned the game) and then there was a huge problem with the servers getting DDoS'd constantly, to the point where you weren't even able to sign in to play the game.

It's interesting tho, a lot of the same aspects that I enjoyed about MGO I also enjoy about Dark Souls, such as the learning curve/difficulty, and how there's actual skill and technique needed to be successful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 am