Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems...

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems... Empty Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems...

Post by Seignar Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Unless you have not been keeping up in a certain thread, there seems to be a bug on KJ that renders it useless most of the time. If you ever plan on using KJ, read on to get the most out of it:

Karmic Justice is bugged, lets out get that out of the way. There is an error in it's coding that causes Karmic Justice to only calculate and be boosted by the Magic in your currently on RIGHT HAND at the time of detonation. What this means is that there will be no difference in damage if you're using Karmic Justice with Velka's Talisman (At 8 INT) or using it with a Darkmoon Talisman (At 40 faith) in your left-hand. So, if you want to use it, NEVER cast it on your left-hand.

BUT, this leads to a COMPLETELY unexpected phenomenon! Karmic Justice will take the magic adjustment of ANYTHING and make it the determining factor in its power when it is triggered. This means that, you can cast it, then switch -or hold at the time- to an item with a more powerful magic adjustment to increase its potential. This is the reason that this player was able to deal immense damage by using the TCC.

There is more. This spell doesn't just calculate magic adjustment, but also standard magic damage. Weapons, I'm talking weapons buff this miracle. Not fire or lightning, only magic. If a weapon has NATURAL magic damage, then Karmic Justice will treat that weapon's magic AR as spell adjustment, granted to a slightly lesser extent than how it treats real magic adjustment. Thankfully, this DOES NOT take into account magic buffs, but rather strictly the natural magic AR + whatever stat scaling boost you have. It also does not take in Magic Damage added by Moonlight Arrows.

For the sake to make sure this could not be abused (and should we be ready), I tested it with Dragon Stone Glitch and...IT DOES NOT WORK! Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems... 639795459
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems... Empty Re: Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems...

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Ok; so what's best for it? TCC? Or would using the Moonlight Greatsword benefit it more?

If it works with the Moonlight Greatsword, I'm going to be using this in my next build! Haven't had a INT build, but this would be great for the forest.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems... Empty Re: Karmic Justice - More complicated than it seems...

Post by ChizFreak Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:55 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Ok; so what's best for it? TCC? Or would using the Moonlight Greatsword benefit it more?

If it works with the Moonlight Greatsword, I'm going to be using this in my next build! Haven't had a INT build, but this would be great for the forest.

Sorry to disapoint you man, but the Moonlight Greatsword it's not a catalyst/talisman and thus, it doesn't have any MAG ADJ (magic adjustment). I think you're confusing the fact that the Moonlight Greatsword's damage is pure magical and only scales with intelligence.

MAG ADJ determines how much damage you do when you cast a spell/miracle by using a formula with an X where X is replaced by your MAG ADJ. MAG ADJ it's not a source of damage itself.

The exploit the guy above is describing states that Karmic Justice while use the MAG ADJ of your right hand, and only when it triggers so basically you can cast it, then change the talisman to the best item with the higher MAG ADJ you have because the damage will be calculated only when the explosion triggers.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Moonlight Greatsword buffs KJ (like I said), but (also like I said), not as much as real spell adjustment. Just look at the data:

248 (Unarmed or non-magic weapon)
    525 (At 28 INT; Moonlight Greatsword)
    604 (At 36 INT; Moonlight Greatsword)
    711 ( 36 INT; TCC)

Karmic Justice is strangely treating magic AR as spell adjustment, but to a much lower extent (Moonlight had 443 magic; TCC had 263 at 36 INT)
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 pm

@Chiz: I read his post just fine.

Quote:
    "There is more. This spell doesn't just calculate magic adjustment, but also standard magic damage. Weapons, I'm talking weapons buff this miracle. Not fire or lightning, only magic."

Hence, I asked about the Moonlight Greatsword as it does the most magic damage of any weapon I believe.

@Seig: Yes, the TCC will out-damage the Moonlight GreatSword when Karmic Justice goes off. But on the other hand... you are fighting with a Greatsword, and the other you have a Crystal Club. Being able to continue to attack with a Greatsword, while blowing up if you die seems pretty darn effective to me. Seems viable.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 pm

I need someone to confirm to me whether I did my math wrong or right. I tried to figure out how much of a difference there is if you take normal Mag/adjustment from catalysts and Magic Damage/adjustment from magic weapons. Here are my results:

From magic weapons, there is a 0.80361... increase in damage from Karmic Justice per Magic Damage.
    From pure magic adjustment, there is a 1.76045... increase in damage from Karmic Justice per Adjustment point.

The formula used was: [Moonlight Greatsword damage (604) - Unarmed Damage (248)] / Moonlight Greatsword Magic AR (443)

The same was done for TCC.
    From these test I can infer that Magic Damage AR adds half as much damage as pure magic adjustment.

EDIT: Also, I was a bit curious as to how MAGICAL bows would go along with all this. and, I get another discovery. Magic AR from bows is 2.25196... damage per Magic AR.

*Brain Malfunction* Excuse me, I need to make sense of all this...
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 am

So.. Does that mean the DarkMoon Bow is the best choice? Please don't tell me another bow glitch is arising ._.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:16 am