Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
XuitusTheGreat
CandleMax
DoughGuy
samster628
Chaos Spectre
PaPaSmVrf
Barnission
Shkar
SEANB240
X-government-agent
Doelker
Eolan
Knight Alundil
WyrmHero
18 posters

The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb Empty The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 am

So Rynn found a pendant in the always empty chest of Gwyn's Tomb, guarded by Gwyndolin. Unfortunately, she doesn't have proof nor doesn't know to replicate this. The thing is, we here at the Archives have proposed strong connections to the pendant and Gwyndolin, and this pendant appearing in the always empty chest can't be a coincidence. So basically I'm trying recruit some lore hunters who can replicate this.

Connections to the pendant and Gwyndolin:
    -Trade to Snuggly for a Souvenir of Reprisal
    -Petrus drops a pendant when Reah is killed. Petrus is a sinner.
    -Young "Gwyndolin" portrait in Anor Londo, carries a pendant.
    -Now the empty chest contains a pendant, Gwyndolin guards the tomb.

Things to consider:
    -3 chests, 1 for the God of War's miracle, 1 for Darkmoon armor, 1 for the pendant. Could the pendant represent Gwynevere?
    -The pendant might be Reah's possession. Maidens pray to Gwynevere.
    -Snuggly considers the pendant warm and soft, and seems to change it for the opposite hard and cold dead ear. Gwynevere is all warm and soft (lol yes).
    -Memories comfort travelers. Rynn said she was on NG+ (not sure on the number of NG).

I have dropped the pendant in front of the empty chest, but nothing. I also dropped a pendant in the rug in front of Gwyndolin's fog gate and nothing. I also think I dropped a pendant in front of Gwynevere, but don't really remember. So I really have no idea on how to recreate this, let's start the brainstorm.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb Empty Re: The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:42 am

I think if you try hard enough you can connect anything in this game. There are people out there who still point blank believe that seath and gwynevere are priscillas mother even though i've never seen any proof of that.

With Rynn "saying" that she found this pendant it's led you down this road so now it's an option in your head that seems plausible. Just don't put too much effort into this. You come up with great theories Wyrm and I'd hate to see you waste your time on something that didn't even really happen.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:50 am

Ive been watching... Rynn also said she had a bonfire repeatedly burn out with the message "bonfire unstable..."

Hmmmm. Im skeptical but willing happy
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 pm

In all my playthroughs the chest is always empty. Even in my new infinity project, every single NG round is still empty.
    I have never found the maiden set in it nor a pendant.
    I carry a pendant on my inventory that I have since the beginning of this toon and never put it in the box or dropped it anywhere and there hasn't been any changes at all.
    I'm still on my fourth round now and to be honest with you guys everything is just the same...
    Same NPC dialogues, same loot, same bosses, same triggers... Everything.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:04 pm

i think it's time to let the pendant R.I.P, people have claimed they have found stuff in that chest from
    Rings to armour and now pendant, if Sum1 reli found someone the chest how hard would
    It be to take a pic on their phone
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:06 pm

X-government-agent wrote:i think it's time to let the pendant R.I.P, people have claimed they have found stuff in that chest from
    Rings to armour and now pendant, if Sum1 reli found someone the chest how hard would
    It be to take a pic on their phone

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who makes a claim without evidence at this point is either trolling or seeking attention.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:15 pm

To be fair i would bury the secret at the tail end of ng+7...
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

I thought it had been confirmed that the Maiden set could be found there. Was it just more hearsay?

As far as the "bonfire unstable" thing, I really, really doubt that is true. "Unstable" isn't even available in the message wordlist, is it? I've never seen a message, from an NPC or not, that ever used words outside of what the player can use.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:19 pm

It has been a year already, people tried uncountable things, some really farfetched and still nothing has been found so...
    I think there is notjing else hidden that we haven't found already.
    Maybe it was an idea to hide something when they started the developement but was cut off from the final version (as many other things we know from the text dumps).
    As I stated before. I haven't seen or experienced the slightest difference in the game nor its mechanics through further playthroughs.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Watch, they knew they had a reputation for hiding easter eggs, so they deliberately didn't put any just to mess with us.
    Barnission
    Barnission

Post by Barnission Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I like the pendant stuff. It's a modern day Stop'n'Swap, and brings me back a good ten years.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Barnission wrote:I like the pendant stuff. It's a modern day Stop'n'Swap, and brings me back a good ten years.

Nostalgia bomb cheers

This has got me thinking now. Since at least some of the DLC is cut content, maybe they will also include any cut stuff concerning the pendant. Even if they don't, I think events, items, etc. within the DLC world will bleed over and have an effect on the main game world somehow that we haven't seen before. At least, that would be pretty cool.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 pm

It's a lot easier to add stuff then it is to change stuff, so don't get your hopes up Sean.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Shkar wrote:It's a lot easier to add stuff then it is to change stuff, so don't get your hopes up Sean.

I'm not, but I'm just thinking something like adding in something in place of what was cut behind the altar, or adding new items that trigger in the main world as a result of what you do in the DLC realm. For instance (DLC spoiler),

Spoiler:
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Well the pendent has done its job for me, offered comfort, many a night I talk to it and call it my precious, and it tells me how to finish my journey.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I still believe the pendant has a use, but as of what form, that I do not know.

As for bonfire unstable, maybe she thought that was what it said, but instead said something along the terms of Extinguish. If I remember correctly, the txt dump contained unused words that dealt with the bonfire. Maybe she found something we havent yet, but doesnt know how she found it.

On another note, @SeanB
    From much speculation, the idea is that when a person dies, their body is left there, but their undead form, or hollow form, is what you begin to see. If your idea is true, then artorias dead body would be in the future, meaning he died around the time of the main character, and went back into the past. So its highly unlikely, but I do think maybe his body will be found in the past.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 am

the pendent may yet have a use or it may have had a planned use that was cut. ether way you can be sure people are running out of ideas when they decide to just light all bombfires or light none at all. i'd like to point out that since there is no trophy/ achevement that hasnt been descovered the pendant can't do anything major. if anyone (like me) wants to search despite the odds i would look towards the fallen god of war, but don't hold much hope.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 am

samster628 wrote:the pendent may yet have a use or it may have had a planned use that was cut. ether way you can be sure people are running out of ideas when they decide to just light all bombfires or light none at all. i'd like to point out that since there is no trophy/ achevement that hasnt been descovered the pendant can't do anything major. if anyone (like me) wants to search despite the odds i would look towards the fallen god of war, but don't hold much hope.
    You know gaming is going downhill when you see people say that you have to get a trophy for something major. Yep, I can't even think of how games ever existed without trophies.

The pendant has no in game "use". You cant use it anywhere. I doubt the drop trick will achieve anything either. Its a lore piece, it makes a connection.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 am

i said "major" and by that i mean huge change to the games storyline such as a different game ending i saw some folks takiling about. you don't have to get a trophy but you generally do get one after major events such as the defeat of a boss. as i stated in another thread the drop trick i also seriously doubt. its too obscure. the only time it ever works is in snuggys nest and then you have a voice telling you what to do. if the pendant has a use it

WILL NOT be related to the dlc as no add ons were origionally planned.

WILL NOT have a major impact on the main storyline as aformentioned

WILL NOT be to do with anything to obscure such as a no bombfire run or a dropped item in a certain place.

MIGHT be related to the old god of war due to its description and the curious backstory of this disgraced diety

MIGHT have had its intended use dropped before relese

there we are 5 things i have deduced in my hunt for the use of the pendant and reasoning search as you will.

also to that guy above what exactly are you moaning about? so you often get tropies and achevements for major events and logically i would expect that to be no different on dark souls. what is your problem with this conclusion?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:27 am

Sarcasm =/= moaning. My problem was you saying you HAVE to get a trophy for doing something major. Its not like the developer could prevent something like this from being easily found by not having a trophy. Hell not giving it a trophy would make it even harder to find exactly because of that attitude - "Oh I got all the trophies? Guess the game is finished and I never have to look at it ever again."
    CandleMax
    CandleMax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by CandleMax Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:01 am

Personally, I think that the pendant is just a red herring put into the game to distract us from other possible easter eggs
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:46 pm

SEANB240 wrote:
    Shkar wrote:It's a lot easier to add stuff then it is to change stuff, so don't get your hopes up Sean.

I'm not, but I'm just thinking something like adding in something in place of what was cut behind the altar, or adding new items that trigger in the main world as a result of what you do in the DLC realm. For instance (DLC spoiler),

Spoiler:

Artorias armor comes from
    Spoiler:
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 am

samster628 wrote:the pendent may yet have a use or it may have had a planned use that was cut. ether way you can be sure people are running out of ideas when they decide to just light all bombfires or light none at all. i'd like to point out that since there is no trophy/ achevement that hasnt been descovered the pendant can't do anything major. if anyone (like me) wants to search despite the odds i would look towards the fallen god of war, but don't hold much hope.

That implies that Trophies/Achievements are rewarded for major events, which I don't understand how joining a covenant,max upgrading a weapon, or killing certain bosses is "major".
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 am

XuitusTheGreat wrote:

Artorias armor comes from
    Spoiler:

I know, that quote was from before PtDE was out.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:47 am

xMalevolence wrote:

That implies that Trophies/Achievements are rewarded for major events, which I don't understand how joining a covenant,max upgrading a weapon, or killing certain bosses is "major".

you lot are getting the wrong end of the stick here. lets look at the facts. i have escaped the undead asylum. Well that seem's like a big event opening up the rest of the game world. ooo look i got a trophy. i have killed the bellfry gargoyles and rung the bell this being halfway to opening sens forteress. ooo look another trophy. i dont know about anyone else but i am beginning to see a pattern here. ooo i killed a hollow soldier. i didn't get a trophy. what a surprise. Even hidden bosses you get trophies for killing. i don't care for the trophy's themselves but looking at this (rather obvious) pattern and reilising there are no mare trophies unaccounted for we can be sure there are no hidden bosses/ major areas. Also given the trophies for collecting all the rare wepons, sorceries, pyromancys and miricles we can be sure there are none of these left to uncover. i don't care for the trophys themselves but they can show an awful lot about what we have found and what is bet to uncover. if anything more is hidden in the game it is a peice of lore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am