Channeler's Trident ugh...

vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Channeler's Trident ugh...

Post by vegan666 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:15 am

Just need this for the last achievement.. any one else really struggle when farming this? Have done it so many times, with 410 drop rate... ugh! I NEED 1000/1000 TO COMPLETE MY LIFE.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Channeler's Trident ugh...

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 am

I still don't have one. sad

wolf_queen7

Post by wolf_queen7 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:22 am

Yeah, I can't even tell you how long i've been trying to get that stupid trident. Channeler after channeler and it just never seems to drop for me ether sad

-Lautrec of Carim
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 am

Not tested in anyway but whenever I got a rare drop (titanite Slab, Ghost Blade, Channeler's Trident, etc.), it's usually right before someone invaded my (SL176 character's) world. I have gotten a couple of titanite Slabs while not having any humanity and wearing neither the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring nor the Symbol of Avarice. My third Channeler's Trident and second Ghost Blade were also dropped while I'm wearing neither the ring nor the symbol. I have tried to obtain the above mentioned items while playing offline, but after what seems to be a thousand runs or so without any result, I decided to give up on the idea.

Addicted

Post by vegan666 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 am

Bloodios wrote:Not tested in anyway but whenever I got a rare drop (titanite Slab, Ghost Blade, Channeler's Trident, etc.), it's usually right before someone invaded my (SL176 character's) world. I have gotten a couple of titanite Slabs while not having any humanity and wearing neither the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring nor the Symbol of Avarice. My third Channeler's Trident and second Ghost Blade were also dropped while I'm wearing neither the ring nor the symbol. I have tried to obtain the above mentioned items while playing offline, but after what seems to be a thousand runs or so without any result, I decided to give up on the idea.

Hmmm.. I wonder if being human is the key. I will try it thanks!
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:00 am

I've noticed that items -seem- to drop more commonly when the killing blow was a riposte or backstab. This may also have to do with the "overkill" damage that awards you more souls if you kill an enemy in one hit with an attack that does 150%+ of their max health in damage. If that's so it would be more prudent to farm it in a ng where you can 1shot enemies that badly. However, these are just my subjective observations, it needs to be tested.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 am

Ghadis_God wrote:I've noticed that items -seem- to drop more commonly when the killing blow was a riposte or backstab. This may also have to do with the "overkill" damage that awards you more souls if you kill an enemy in one hit with an attack that does 150%+ of their max health in damage. If that's so it would be more prudent to farm it in a ng where you can 1shot enemies that badly. However, these are just my subjective observations, it needs to be tested.
    That is precisely what I do while farming for rare drops, but based on my offline result (for both human and hollowed form,)... the method only seems to affect the regular drops,... so I'm tempting to think that it doesn't really matter... but that could just be a problem with my copy.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 am

I got a trident in the Archives eventually on about my sixth run. I was offline and hollow and had the Gold Serpent ring equipped. Honestly I think these rare drops are meant to be just that, rare and it's just down to dumb luck in the end. I still haven't got the Ghostblade but I'm sure I read on the wiki that you don't need this for the Knight's Trophy.
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm

I got the Trident by accident...On NG++ and i got it...

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:

CrystallineKnight

Post by CrystallineKnight on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 pm

I remember when I got the trident after farming for so long, I traded it and then the very same day I got three more! lol.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Not to be a jerk but I got mine on my fifth channeler once I started farming. However, this is karma balancing out since it took me two weeks of dedicated playing in Demons Souls to get a Pure Bladestone. Also, I did have maxed item discovery via gold serpent and some humanity.

deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I got 5 of em. Who wants one?

PSN Shubgoaroth

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 pm

I got the trident on about the sixth or seventh time I was going through the Archives. I believe being human is the only way you gain the additional drop chance with humanity, so definitely be human and stack it with the gold ring.

I SPARKLE LIKE MAJOR ARMSTRONG!
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I can never get the stupid armored knight in the perish church to ever drop anything other then a titanite shard. then playing through on a DEX character, with NO humanity, he drops a tower shield, magic build, drops a great axe, I want to shoot myself cuz all the str weps drop when I will never use them.

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore
    Superspencr

Post by Superspencr on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:35 pm

ya i got it in the dukes archives after about 8 hours of farming. i seriosly almost pooped myself when i saw the chaneler have glowy blue around him!

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:01 am

Ok I am losing my mind now. Can anyone trade me a trident?

I'm on 360, level 122. Please help @_@

oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:22 am

I've only had one of these drop, and it was just a random occurence, wasn't trying to farm them or anything.

I'm surprised to hear other people saying the jagged ghost blades are so rare though, because I've seen a TON of those drop from the ghosts going through New Londo.
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 am

Best that you trade for it through the trade forum. It's not a item that's likely to be given up so cheaply though, unless that person uses the BB glitch.

PS3: SipuraEin
    Raptr Forum Signature
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 am

oregonav8r wrote:I'm surprised to hear other people saying the jagged ghost blades are so rare though, because I've seen a TON of those drop from the ghosts going through New Londo.
    The Ghost Blade and the Jagged Ghost Blade are two very different things. The Jagged Ghost Blade is redundantly dropped by the Ghosts (dual blade), and there is also a redundant amount of them. The Ghost Blade, however, is a stupidly ****ing rare drop from the Banshees (screamers), and there are only two of them in New Londo Ruins...

Well, as if it isn't bad enough that those Banshees are too stingy to drop anything, when they do actually drop something, most of time it'll likely be Transient Curses (enough to make me spit fire, I tell ya.)

Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:28 am

I got one to drop completely by accident off the parish Channeler. I was so stunned that while I was distracted the balder knight gangbanged me and I died. I wanted to shoot myself.

Also, Bloodios, you have a really disturbing signature.

Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.

oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:40 am

Bloodios wrote:
    oregonav8r wrote:I'm surprised to hear other people saying the jagged ghost blades are so rare though, because I've seen a TON of those drop from the ghosts going through New Londo.
    The Ghost Blade and the Jagged Ghost Blade are two very different things. The Jagged Ghost Blade is redundantly dropped by the Ghosts (dual blade), and there is also a redundant amount of them. The Ghost Blade, however, is a stupidly ****ing rare drop from the Banshees (screamers), and there are only two of them in New Londo Ruins...

Well, as if it isn't bad enough that those Banshees are too stingy to drop anything, when they do actually drop something, most of time it'll likely be Transient Curses (enough to make me spit fire, I tell ya.)

Ahhhh my bad wasn't paying close enough attention there. Yeah I've never had a weapon drop from the screamers either.
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:45 am

I've never gotten a ghost blade. sad I have some tridents if people are tired of farming though! big grin Just pm or PSN!

PSN: StarScarJenova
    Request an Avatar or Sig at StarScarJenovas' Avatar Emporium! big grin
    StarScarJenovas' Avatar Emporium
    Rynn wrote:..I am speaking to a mushroom. It asked me to save the princess.
    I must go, oriental food commands it.
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 am

Got it!!!!! Sat down to have yet another attempt and the second channeler dropped it! Thank ***!

So now I have 1000/1000 achievements! Almost 200 glorious hours. Actually my favourite game of all time! Kind of sad now haha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:35 pm