Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Midgar
Carphil
Serious_Much
DxV04
8 posters

Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll

Poll

Which 2 or less of the following patches would most you like to see happen?

[ 3 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap10%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap26%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap3%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap16%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [16%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap10%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap3%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap13%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 5 ]
    Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_lcap16%Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll I_vote_rcap [16%] 

Total Votes: 31
    Poll closed
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll Empty Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:37 pm

7 day poll
    complete list is here

http://www.preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22275

#Important#
    You vote for what to be included.
    You may choose 2 options.
    if none surpasses an option, said option will be will be excluded, if none surpasses 50% everything will be excluded.

This poll is everything that didn't fit any other category, some can be concidered good, others... pretty far out there, but everything is realistic and implementable.
    here's descriptions and arguments:

#1. Plasma TV's can easily suffer from screen-burned images, this simple change will fix that.

#2. Dodging arrows is almost TOO easy, having to worry about fast arrows will make archers more threatening.

#3. Speedrunners or character builders hate waiting, this will see to that this is changed.

#4. When summoning, invading or while being summoned or invaded, a message comes up that completely block anything else. This will make items picked up the top HUD priority, since it can be easily skipped if neccersary and display useful information on what exactly you're picking up.

#5. When you jump in the swamp, you are mid-air and being infected by poison airborne makes little sense.

#6. For those who want a 3D experience of Dark Souls

#7. if you are constantly being invaded by someone to the point of harrasment, or summoned by someone other than your preferred host, this will cause griefers or people interfering your game in a negative fashion not being able to do so a second time.

#8/9. self-explanatory

Hope to see some more community contribution!

- Vumsy Proper Bow

Last edited by DxV04 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll Empty Re: Vumsy's Miscellaneous Patch poll

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:38 pm

I don't care for some of the lower options. It is a miscellaneous poll after all. I voted for 1 and 2 since IMO they are more practical.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 am

I voted none. Most if not all of the options are too impractical for a patch.

7) especially is ridiculous, the ability to block who invades you would ruin the point of invasion. If you don't want invasions try later or don't be human. Perhaps if it was limited only to white sign summoning it woudl be a viable option.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:01 pm

2 and 4.

Faster arrows for sure, on my new build I am playing with black bow of pharis, and its so slow that I can use only in PVE. Avelyn for example can finish off and surprise enemies, its far more effective in terms of PVP
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Don't know why people keep suggesting patch ideas when they will never happen, except for bugs/glitches of course. If this were a monthly subscription game then our opinion would count for something, just saying lol.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm

I would add a number 10 and 11

10. Soul signs dropped on or near Orange messages are the top selection when hitting the triangle to cycle through things.

11. Gestures always being available to do, even when standing on a bloodstain or orange soapstone sign.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Midgar wrote:Don't know why people keep suggesting patch ideas when they will never happen, except for bugs/glitches of course. If this were a monthly subscription game then our opinion would count for something, just saying lol.

Gives us something to talk about while we are at work at worst. At best, it might actually get heard.

Last edited by meridam99 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to change the color of quote because I could not see it.)
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Love #3 and #4. It would also be sweet if the item pickup menu was less intrusive. Must I press x multiple times to get it to go away? A single button press or a fading screen that doesn't require input would be perfect (the ideal scenario would be a quickly fading screen that requires no inputs plus a notification log that you can access through the main menus, but that would probably require too much work on their end).
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm

I voted none, I think they should patch the BS hitbox on the shield hand if anything. I can backstab almost everything in the game w/out even being behind them. Oh, and the BB glitch, god that thing sucks (though it may be too little too late at this point w/ all of the mules on other forums).
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 pm

I'd like to see a new item added to the poll - when finishing a game and moving onto your new one you only take with you what you ahve equiped into inventory - bottomless box and everything in it is lost.

I voted 2 and 5
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:14 pm

These polls by vumsy have been going on since December and these last polls Midgar, also just so you know there is a rep from Namco who is the head moderator of preparetodie.com who is waiting for the list of the items that received the most votes. Once he gets that list he will forward it to FROM and then FROM will decide to do what ever they want with it.

The BS issue was addressed in a poll which occurred in December.

The BB suggestion you made is harsh for people who play the game in with out glitching.

Imagine if you farmed 99 humanity and put them all in the Bottomless box. Then you farm another 99 to have in your inventory and another 99 to equip. Loosing that 99 in the bottomless box just because you are in NG+ sounds harsh IMO.

Let us hope from has some plans to make some adjustments to this game.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:31 pm

another bump...
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived