Honor-wraithing. Am i being too nice?

Xlun0

Honor-wraithing. Am i being too nice?

Post by Xlun0 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:23 am

I decided to make my first pvp character an "honor-wraith." Basically I'm a darkwraith whose trying to fix the invasion community. While I invade I send a message to the host asking if they want me to banish myself because I don't want to force them to fight me, and to show that not every invader is a katana wielding backstab fisher so people quit turning off their consoles during the invasions and to lessen the fear of pvp . I've been getting lots of messages saying im the nicest invader or dark spirit and their should be more like me. Is what i'm doing a good idea to show people not all invaders are bad or am I being too nice and should stop? Thanks for reading Bow
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Honor-wraithing. Am i being too nice?

Post by Rifter7 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:26 am

i do that all the time too.

what's the point of attacking some quester.. i'm looking for a duel.

i don't type out as much stuff as you tho.. i just say duel? if they aren't around or 決闘か。if they're japanese.

Addicted

Post by carlucio on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 am

Change your covenant to way of the dragon, forest hunters or Blade of the Darkmoon, you're doing like the good sweet shark from the pixar animation i forgot the name.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:33 am

I enjoy the hunt. If all you want is to duel, what you're doing is fine. I simply get tired of duels if its all I do for a while, it provides a much less dynamic enviroment.

He's also completely unfit to be a darkmoon with that attitude, lore wise anyways. The blades of the darkmoon are not nice, they're vicious assasins.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 am

From my perspective, yes. Why invade if you aren't going to kill the host? Your ideas would be better suited for doing jolly coop.

When you invade, the whole point is to kill the host. You can let him get ready. You can bow. You can make sure the arena is open and there are not enemies around.

If you feel that the person you are invading is way too new and is an easy kill, then BC out.

My $0.02

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:36 am

What i meant is that being Blade of Darkmoon he would only invade people who have sinned, likely people who often play pvp, so he wouldn't need to care about annoying players who want to progress.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:40 am

not so. In theory yes, but many people get sin by killing an npc, bbing a character with sin, using cracked orbs or by killing gwyndolyn. I get a lot of people trying to finish the level.

Xlun0

Post by Xlun0 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 am

The thing is, I want to pvp, I just don't want to force others into it. And I don't trust slapping down a sign because of gank squads. My goal with this is to lower the hatred towards darkwraiths and have fun pvping at the same time. Its surprising too, because most people message me back, glad I asked if they wanted to fight and accept the offer to fight... and then they usually die... but I just want to be a friendly invader and make people more comfortable with Darkwraiths
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 am

Darkwraith hate? Try being a Dark Moon, then we'll talk. The wraiths are both popular and widely accepted. If I see wraith hate its almost always invader hate and not specific to wraiths. The people who hate invaders arn't likely to change their minds, only to see you as the exception that proves the rule.

martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:19 am

Xlun0 wrote: I decided to make my first pvp character an "honor-wraith." Basically I'm a darkwraith whose trying to fix the invasion community. While I invade I send a message to the host asking if they want me to banish myself because I don't want to force them to fight me, and to show that not every invader is a katana wielding backstab fisher so people quit turning off their consoles during the invasions and to lessen the fear of pvp . I've been getting lots of messages saying im the nicest invader or dark spirit and their should be more like me. Is what i'm doing a good idea to show people not all invaders are bad or am I being too nice and should stop? Thanks for reading Bow

You cannot "fix" anything that is not broken. There is nothing wrong with us Darkwraiths. We have chosen to descend into the dark and there's nothing wrong or "broken" about that. There is an option for the darkwraiths that have aligned themselves with the honor brigade. If you read the description for the Red Sign Soapstone, it specifically states:

"Certain Darkwraiths resist their descent into dark and preserve along the honorable path. The Red Soapstone is for them."

Therefore, if you choose to take the so-called "honor" path, then use the soapstone. All else, use the glorious Cracked or Red Eyed Orbs.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:21 am

I personally am a darkwraith or forest hunter - I prefer to be merciless in my work ethic as it puts your foes on edge. If they are heading to the boss and they beat you surely it would put a lot bigger smile on their face than you asking whether they want you to BSC out. That is just my two-cents.

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:37 am

Xlun0 wrote: I decided to make my first pvp character an "honor-wraith." Basically I'm a darkwraith whose trying to fix the invasion community.

.....Huh?

It's not broken, lol.

A Bunch of My Builds
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 am

It depends on how you're wraithing. If you're fighting in obvious areas to invade, say Kiln, Burg, Forest (and maybe PW) then you're probably there for PVP. But in most other areas, where the terrain is rough to fight in, it doesn't make sense to have honor there. Like in tomb of the giants.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:51 am

I would say it is broken, but more so in the context of low level griefers that are essentially unkillable to a new player.

Sounds like you have a very similar invasion ethic as to me, I don't kill questers because it always makes me feel bad. From a joy level, I find it incredibly boring as well because it just seems like such a one sided fight. One of the main reasons I got Dark Souls was to challenge myself. Killing questers just often is no challenge at all, because of course they often aren't ready for PvP or are new to it. If I see a host who can handle themself, then I'll fight them. But if they are obviously a lot less skilled than me, I'l probably just leave an item like humanity and BC out. Sometimes I even open shortcuts for them, such as in the PW meaning they won't have to deal with those pesky bonewheels. There's nothing wrong with being kind honestly. I'd say keep it up, but remember to not go too overboard. Don't drop them really over powered gear or things that could ruin a first playthrough like tons of titanite slabs and Gwyn's Souls.
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Darkwraith hate? Try being a Dark Moon, then we'll talk.

Yes, Darkmoons suck lol!

Xlun0

Post by Xlun0 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I think broken is the wrong word to be used, more like new players are afraid of it... for example every time I start a new character, there's always some guy who invades in the burg with a darkwraith set and a lightning katana. And for alot of new players that could ruin their first experience going human and they might not ever make it into pvp for fear of those kind of people, so I come in and show them that not everyone is like that and there are fair fighters. Im on xbox so I probably run into more trolls than the ps3 users. And I also invade in the dukes archives so if its a new player who just made it to the bonfire with no health I usually open the bookcase door and drop some humanity and a soul of a proud night
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 pm

I find it silly to invade someone and then msg them asking for a fair duel...that's what a red soap stone is for IMO!!

I invade very little but if I do invade I am there for one purpose to have fun and kill everyone and take there humanity....darkwraiths arnt nice people and there is nothing 'broken' or wrong with the darkwraiths...our job is to kill anyone brave enough to venture into a world human.....period!!

I don't agree with low lvl griefing tho that's just lame I'm not trying to ruin peoples days!

I will with no remorse destroying 3 questers as its my right to do so....just as its there right to summon people and have some jolly coop....that being said I will only destroy them ONCE...I am not out there to grief people over and over....if I got ya once then you get a free pass!

I feel like Amos said if they managed to kill me and gesture over my dead body....then continue to the boss they would have had a lot more fun doing the lvl!!

Invadee how you want to and be as nice as you want to...I will continue to be rutheless and kill with honour and no remorse!!

Last edited by DarkW17 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Honestly I don't think anything is wrong with how it is now. When you invade you are there to kill the host no matter what. If you want to help people then join the sunbros. When I invade and I see it's a quester I will equip weaker gear and then proceed to attack them. I do this just to make sure I don't ruin their DkS experience. Seriously though if your invading it's not your fault that you have to kill them, it's theirs for going human.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am