Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
DoughGuy
miamihur21
Glutebrah
Phoenix Rising
Wisp
Tolvo
omega Elf
ICEFANG
Maneater_Mildred
DarkW17
carlucio
FattyOfDoom
Rifter7
DancingFood
reim0027
Reaperfan
Forum Pirate
Stepheneire
23 posters

what is the point of bowing anymore?

Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

what is the point of bowing anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the point of bowing anymore?

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:22 pm

I bow all the time...except in the forest. I've been attacked, backstabbed, kicked, soul spear/arrowed. I still do it as a sign of honor. I can't figure out if people do it to be jerks or just out of impatience. I'm guessing the latter...
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

what is the point of bowing anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the point of bowing anymore?

Post by omega Elf Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Tolvo wrote: rolling R1's can be pretty jerkish... if I'm fighting a person using some sort of large club... and it is the only attack they do, I'll probably just roll BS them and be done with it.

Using the Great Club if I sense a player is fishing I'll only use roll-r1's,
    if you do it right players can't back-stab you. You need to play 80%
    back-stab evade (dwgr) 20% roll-r1 & be completely unpredictable.
    I don't recommend using r2 as it seems pointless when the jump attack
    does pretty much the same damage & at twice the speed, r2 should
    be considered a punishment for a failed jump attack.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:52 pm

i care more about how i fight then how they fight, i always bow, if they BS me, shoot me with magic or what ever, i flip away to safety heal up, and try to either shrug, face palm, or bow again. and get ready for a anything goes fight.

miamihur21

Post by miamihur21 Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:57 am

some people don't know the proper way to duel, but if i get disprespected i like to tebow their A** after its done, makes it that much sweeter.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:22 am

Are you bowing for yourself or them?
    If its for yourself then you already know why you are bowing. If its for them then you just have to be careful when you bow.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 am

proper bow is quicker than the reg. bow. Bow only from a distance. bow after each fight even if dissrespected. Keep the fight as fair as possible.
    Barnission
    Barnission

Post by Barnission Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 am

As I said in another thread, I rarely bow since it's become such an empty gesture, and has become a very robotic thing for people, so it has no value to me anymore. I only use it after a fight that was hard and well fought, in fact, I'll send the player a message telling them how much I enjoyed the fight and whatnot. People bow after they spammed WotG, fished for backstabs, ganked, interrupted a duel, etc., etc., the list goes on. It means nothing, as far as I am concerned.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am

Nothing wrong with not bowing, I prefer people to but I don't find it rude if they don't return the gesture to me. And yeah, I do love to exchange messages with people after fights in the same way, sometimes offering tips if I notice the person seems to be lacking useful information.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 am

I jsut use the Worm, settles all way of Bowing Politeness. QUick, Easy, and hurts them if they try to get a jab at me.

Do the Worm, Comrades
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:45 pm

i wave
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Last night in the burg I was hosting and the summon bowed just before I did...because I summoned him I didn't even think about getting BS'd while I bowed....

He got his BS in and lined me up for a chain....I did a wake up parry and nailed him with it....I then gave him a wake up BS after the RPSTL....I waved after that one.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm