Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Spurgun
cloudyeki
Rifter7
ViralEnsign_
N_Raist
reim0027
potte
11 posters

How to fight dead angle user?

potte
    potte

How to fight dead angle user? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to fight dead angle user?

Post by potte Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Tolvo wrote:Spurgon, I don't think you remember the few times we have fought haha.

The best trick against dead anglers is either stun lock, or a bow. Stun lock because often they swing like mad knowing they can't be parried or blocked, meaning that if you can stunlock go for it. Bows since many dead angle weapons are a bit slow, or require them to stand still swinging. When you dead angle you don't step forwards when attacking like normal, so range is pretty much the best option. As well spells are always great, when you know they'll start swinging like crazy stand just out of their range and hit them with a GC, or try to time a Great Fireball or something.

I actually did tried stun lock, two 2H moonlight sword and it did land, so I go on for the third hit, and then i was parried... I was like wtf. He was not wearying super high poise armor and wolf ring so the guy should get stun. I guess he did a quick stun lock escape then parried. lol
    pull out a bow and he starts to run a circle around me without locking. won't come closer.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

How to fight dead angle user? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to fight dead angle user?

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Ah, yeah then you'll just have to hit him every now and then, and never strike more than once. That is the toggle escape parry trick, it's getting sort of common these days. This guy really knows to use all his tools, it sort of sounds like you were just out played. But, that doesn't mean you can get better at countering it. Spears seem like they would be the best choice for you if you want to go with a melee weapon.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 am